The Purple Mountain

The Purple Mountain
The Purple Mountain, Nanjing

Friday, January 28, 2011

Soaking up the Sun

Hi Everyone!

We are so sorry we haven't updated the blog sooner... apparently developing a tan on the beach is hard work that takes up much of our time at the moment!

We are currently on an island in Thailand called Phuket. We have been having such an amazing time. I am most definitely in love with this place. One of our favorite things here is the food! We love the local Thai food. And they have fruit shakes EVERYWHERE, which is my favorite.

Before Phuket we stayed in Bangkok. Bangkok is amazingly busy and has a fantastic night life. Most of the time Thomas and I would just sit on the street corner with a beer from 7eleven and just people watch the whole night. It was such a cool city to see. I also splurged on a Thai massage most days of the week; I can't help myself!

After Bangkok we went to Siem Reap, Cambodia. This is probably one of my favorite places in the entire world. We spent most of our time touring the ancient Angkor Wat temples, climbing and hiking around 9th/10th century towers. It was so amazing. Think Indiana Jones temples in the jungle covered with monkeys. I'm not kidding here. Next to the temples, the people are definitely one of the best things about Cambodia. They don't call it the smiling country for nothing!

Now we are exploring the tropical islands in southern Thailand and enjoying some down time. Next weekend we head to Malaysia and then back home to China! We promise to add more information about our travels asap as well as pictures... We love and miss you all! Hope all is well back home!

1 comment:

  1. Since most every single entry you post makes me jealous, I figure I need to return the favor: Brian is coming to DC to see me in a couple weeks and it is going to be flipping awesome! So...take that!

    ReplyDelete